Thursday 2 July 2015

Prague number 3

The plan. Plan was to return through Tallinn, Vilnius, Warszav and Poprad. In the end I didn't but I think it was good this way. The trip changed and transformed as I went through it. I originally planned to play much much more. I planned to make money for a donnation of a guitar. I thought I'm going into a super hot summer. It ended up all whole different way (and a termo T shirt was my best friend). But it was GREAT and an unforgetable experience. And while there were days when I was only playing till my fingers bled, there were others spent almost entirely with friends. Like with everything else, it's good to strike a balance.

Tinka was not feeling well and I returned to Prague prematurely (on 26th) to be with her. The street playing was, however, not finished, and I tried the good spots by Prasna brana, which I'm not sure were allowed, but no one kicked me out. Another nice place was on Vaclavske square, a bit up from Mustek on the right side, in the shade of a tree. There, Tinka took a few pictures and a video, which I'll upload once I get home. I found out street playing in Prague works very well, but you need a good spot - people are often in a hurry and if you don't catch their attention soon enough, they'll just rush by. Unless they're true Dire Straits fans - a rare species in Prague, and dying out in the world.


Unfortunately, it seems like busking in general will be restricted in Prague centre. I understand the reason why, but I believe there's a better solution, it just requires more effort. Perhaps auditions, permits or the like. Some permit system is in use in Bratislava - I'll find out how it works and I might do one more street play back home this weekend. So don't be surprised if you find me under Michalska brana or somewhere - I'm not a hobo, I just like playing :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment