Friday 26 June 2015

Helsinki

As mentioned in the previous blog post, Timo took us all the way to Helsinki, or rather to the suburbs of Helsinki, where we met Hesse, an old friend from my Erasmus in France. I joined him playing football, confirming that I forgot it (haha! Bachova, wait for me!) while Johanna did som yoga. We Finished soon (that's so Finish) and went to Hesse's place, where we dropped the bags. If Števo and Ivka were living at the suburbs of Stockholm, Hesse (or his parent's place) was even further (I mean, further from Helsinki, but I think you got it. Ok Fero, enough of useless words. Ok!) and it took some time before we reached the centre. Our first goal was going for a pizza, because all three of us repeated "som hladny", and Hesse kept extending it into his favorite dialogue in Slovak ("ahoj, ako sa mas? Dakujem, dobre. Som hladny. Podme") which no longer sounds as if he was a bit slow, but took on a new, cannibal-like touch :)



But yes - we went for a pizza hunt! And thus I'll not talk more about the magnificient, tasty, fresh and blatantly utmost hot and crispy pies, and only mention that we used the bathroom, guided by the piece of wisdom Johanna took from her mother - "always use the bathroom when there is a chance". An interesting exercise for the reader is to find a analogy with another moral "cross the street only after a car had passed". I'll reveal the bijection upon request.

We continued the night in Hesses's "bachelor party" place, i.e. a place his company rents for actions like that. There I for example found out there exist quite big table football tables, or that I am not good at sumo wrestling.




We visited also a couple of pubs, but as the prices in Helsinki are not among the lowest, I skipped having a beer. Plus I don't miss it at all - drinking et al. I think a walk under the night sky, or a chat home by the dinner table are much better then going to a bar. 

The next morning, I woke up early, I mean, given the late time we went to sleep, and took off to the city centre with all my gear. I checked out/got a few recommendations the day before as to where to play and so I went for it, hungrier then usual, as the last time I did my whole setlist was still back in Bergen. I eventually tried 4 places along Alexandersgatan, with a pleasant sunshine and beautiful view on Senaatintori, or a very enjoyable place in one of the side alleys.




I did the whole setlist and then met one more time with Hesse and Johanna, to have some lunch. We first went to a pasta place, but after seeing the prices I suggested the hobo style :) - getting what we want from a supermarket and enjoy it on the sunny square by the train station. Much better :)




We sayed good bye, although I believe it's just for a while, and I headed for my final stop before flying back to Prague - a short visit to my cousin Janko and Laura, and their little boy Noel. Although a bit shy from beginning, he soon took up courage and started running around, or announced the sight of a train with the bluntness only children know ("vlaaacik!"). Perhaps we should take a lesson from them and lose barriers. And not only after drinking.

Helsinki and Finland - it was short, but lovely. I'll see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment